Subject: Re: SE/30 Help Needed: dt Dumps Core
To: Lawrence Kesteloot <kesteloo@cs.unc.edu>
From: kr <kr@shell.portal.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 12/04/1994 18:57:19
At 11:46 94-12-04, Tres Hofmeister wrote:
>>From the keyboard of Lawrence Kesteloot:
>:
>: Sorry to hear that.  I really do wish that this system was more
>: stable.  We've been plagued by that "biodone already" error for a
>: very long time and we haven't the slightest clue how to fix it.

With which compiler are the executables being fabricated ?

I have to admit that I absolutely do not know _anything_ about what
problems might be involved in MacBSD, but just recently on the MiNT mailing
list (Atari stuff), a weird problem was discussed that puzzled that group
for a long time too. It seems that gcc 2.5.8 and even 2.6.2 have a problem
with stack management on 68k. The problem seems to have gone away when one
particular file of the mint kernel was compiled with the option
-fno-defer-pop. I think they are still puzzling over this. But an older
compiler (gcc 2.3.3 or somewhere thereabout) did not seem to have the same
problem.

This may or may not help. I am telling you the above just in the unlikely
case...

Greetings
Markus Krummenacker