Subject: Re: I can't seem to build a kernel
To: Kit Fitzpatrick <kit@netcom.com>
From: Allen `Tell me three times' Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 07/22/1994 06:43:55
> I have an SE/30 with 8Mb of ram, and sucessfully installed the 0.9a kernel
> and all of the sources.  I was able to build the GENERIC kernel, but it
> either hangs just after the scsi disks or tells me task 0 got signal 11.
> I have also tried to use the 071194 kernel and it behaves badly in that I
> can't boot multi-user.  In single user mode it still seems unstable.  So, am
> I doing something stupid or missing some patches or...

What binaries did you install, and what sources are you compiling the
kernel from?  The current binaries require a pretty current kernel and
vice versa.  The best place to get 1.0(-alpha) source is to sup it from
sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu or ftp.iastate.edu.  We plan to be in sync for
NetBSD 1.0 (soon).

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =