Subject: Separate list for NetBSD on powermac?
To: None <macbsd-development@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: David Foulds <foulds@netcom.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 07/14/1994 17:26:30
Should we have a separate list for discussion of porting NetBSD
(more specifically, NetBSD/Mac) to the powerpc?  I was hopeful the
existing MacBSD lists could accomodate this discussion, but I'm not
so sure after a somewhat choleric frame concerning this very
issue a day or so ago.  Now I agree this list is not designed
for people to ask, "When will Linux be ported to the powermac?"
At the same time, however, it is foolish to be too parochial about
these boundaries, and not much fun, either.  Whoever ports
Linux to the powerpc could tell much to a later wanderer desiring
the same fate for NetBSD.  I say loosen up, except consumers should
wait for the release announcement on QVC RSN.

On a sepate front, I have received intelligence concerning how to put
the powermac in supervisor mode.  Interested parties should mail.

p.s. corrections: "coleric *post*"
you can supply the other corrections yourselves.