Subject: Re: kernel compilation
To: None <macbsd-development@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 07/14/1994 09:53:16
[I've rerouted this to development...  And got the address right this time.]

> I had installed the latest BETA-1 tar_files from xray-ymp. You mean that
> the includes and lib files ain that are not current?

BETA-1 is not current.  It was made several months ago and a LOT of
stuff has changed (can you say, "4.4-lite?").

> Anyway, I obtained the latest include.tar.gz, and lib.tar.gz from
> fp.iastate.edu, from the src directory.

% cd /usr/src
% tar xvzf ~/downloads/include.tar.gz
% tar xvzf ~/downloads/lib.tar.gz

> But then the loader could not find
> about swven references, from __bsun to fpst in text segment.

Comment out the line "options FPSP" in your kernel configuration file.
Then reconfigure and rebuild.

> My question is, how can I get those missing routines to complete linking
> netbsd kernel. Also which files I still need & where I install them, in
> case I need those routines in fpsp compiled?

For building the kernel itself, you shouldn't need anything from
/usr/include (unless you turn on "options DDB" in which case you still
need stab.h and nlist.h for db_aout.c, at least).  The comment about the
up-to-date libraries and includes was for building ps--which you also
mentioned.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =