Subject: Booter
To: MacBSD Development <macbsd-development@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 04/28/1994 23:40:37
*sigh*

It looks like it might be time for a change in how the booter runs.

For those who have looked at the source, it looks like on the Q700,
it's locking somewhere in copycode (actually, in our good friend
harry).  If I put a return up there, it reboots OK.  If I don't, it
gets into copycode and hangs solid.

Does anyone know what might be happening?  All that routine does is
copy a large block of code from some virtual address 'x' to virtual
address 0, then jump so some location (0x952).

For right now, I can't figure out what's wrong...  Any ideas are
welcome.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =