Subject: Re: installer source
To: Keenan Brock <kfb2@lehigh.edu>
From: Brad Parker <brad@fcr.com>
List: macbsd-development
Date: 01/19/1994 20:52:47
In message <199401200054.AA68622@ns3.CC.Lehigh.EDU>, Keenan Brock writes:

>Installer compiled ok except:
>
>no ansi and unix libraries were found.  So I substituted in the libraries
>without the funky "68020+688..." stuff and it seemed ok
>
>but.  I get a bus error in vinvalbuf with the call
>
> nbp = bp->b_blockf;

Ah, when I went to Lehigh, we were manly men and used punch cards ;-)

(but then, we also drank ourselves blind while watching people race beds)

The source code requires sizeof(int) == 4, so you should notice that in the
projects options, the "4 byte int" option is set.

The problem is that the standard libraries are compiled with "2 byte int".

You need to build new libraries with "4 byte in set".  An easy way to do
this is to find the original library, dup the project file, open the
new project file, set "4 byte int" and recompile all the sources.

(in addition to 4 bytes ints, they also set the 68020 code & fpu options;
 I'll claim this is optional speed up)

-brad