Subject: Re: PATH problem...
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Michael Peters <sailor@oro.net>
List: m68k
Date: 12/16/1996 22:32:06
On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> NOTE: m68k@netbsd.org is NOT A MACBSD LIST! It is for all ports which
> use 68k-based CPU's, so it also includes Atari, Amiga, sun3, hp300,
> and x68k folks (plus maybe even more). For mac-specific questions, write
> to port-mac68k@netbsd.org. I'm using lots of caps as a couple of folks
> have done this lately. Is one of the FAQ's pointing folks to the wrong list?

  <SNIP>

> I don't really know where the path's coming from, but this change is
> fairly common; it's not a NetBSD-specific thing. That's why I set
> up my path in .cshrc. A number of situations will give you a non-login
> shell. It will only have run .cshrc, not .login.  I think also when
> you have your cron jobs run, the same thing happens (though that's a
> vague memory).

  I appologise to anyone for annoying them, as the faq that -I- read was
quite unclear as to what mailing list went where.  I would, however like
to point out that the question I asked had nothing to do with any specific
platform.  I'd try to re-find it, but I very much dislike having to
reboot just to use a graphical web browser (eg I do it in dire
emergencies, and that's about it).

  I will attempt to do a little more research (assuming the faqs are not
misinforming me) prior to asking for help (though usually by the time
I've asked for help it's too late).

Michael D. Peters