Subject: Re: LCII won't boot
To: Stuart McLuckie <aaz23@dial.pipex.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: m68k
Date: 12/16/1996 19:29:37
> I have an LCII 4/40 without FPU + 270MB external HD. I have tried booter
> v1.9.4 with the netbsd12 kernel. It displays as far as the line "adb:bus
> system" and then hangs. The behaviour is the same when I boot with the
> MacOS option or with the NetBSD kernel option. I have partitioned the 40MB
> HD into 32MB root & user and 8MB swap & ran the installer. I have read the
> "what to do when it doesn't boot" part of the installation document but am
> no wiser.

NetBSD 1.2 doesn't support the LCII (at least the distribution kernel
doesn't).  However, I do believe that -current kernels _do_ support this
machine, so take a look in:

ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/outgoing/briggs/

and pick up a copy of GENERIC#15.  Install it and see how well booting
goes.  (If someone knows of a better kernel, please let me know ;-)

Later.