Subject: Re: m68k copy* and [fs]u* routines
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@nobozo.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@nobozo.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: m68k
Date: 01/21/1994 15:10:26
> i've a feeling that they should be a seperate object rather than
> including them in locore (as glass did), however, i'm not sure
> of all of the #includes necessary, so somebody else needs to set that
> up.

it also does some strangeness because of glass's redefinitions of
the ENTRY macros.  I think he did it halfway right (you should be
able to specify the "C" names of alternate entry points),
but the part that he *did* halfway right is sometimes impractical.
(what if the real entry point is an assembly routine, with an
assembly-style label?)

I don't think the "TWOENTRY" stuff is right, at all.  does what
ALTENTRY did in a more complex and more restrictive manner.

I've frobbed m68k copy.s so that it does it the ALTENTRY/ENTRY way,
but, as before, i can't even compile it...

chris