Subject: Re: NetBSD distrib list
To: Julian <julian@pcsbst.pcs.com>
From: Peter W. Schurr aka pws <Peter.W.Schurr@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE>
List: current
Date: 10/31/1994 22:14:20
Hi,

Julian:
> According to my MIRRORS file (inside NetBSD/doc/ , dated way back at
> Jul  2 10:26 )
>
> info2.rus.uni-stuttgart.de                      NetBSD-0.9
> 129.69.8.13
> /pub/unix/NetBSD
>
> whereas in fact its in
> /pub/unix/systems/NetBSD/NetBSD-current
>
> I guess its either 'cos the mirror here has failed to update my old listing,
> or perhaps whoever maintains NetBSD/doc/MIRROR has been taking a break (long)

At the moment we don't have a real mirror of the NetBSD-Sources.
Instead we still carry the versions 0.8 and 0.9 of NetBSD as the
current version is somewhere close to 1.0, but not yet released.

We think about getting a real mirror again, but no decision has
been made yet.

I appended the actual list of mirror-sites (dated Oct 24 1994) below.

Thanks for your mail showing your interest to improve our server.

Enjoy it, wherever you are in the net ...
	pws
--
pws = maulwurf = Peter W. Schurr = pws@belwue.de = +49 711 685 4828
User Help Desk & News administration Computer Center Uni. Stuttgart, Germany

NetBSD Mirror Site List

The following sites mirror the NetBSD 1.0.  Those marked with "[*]"
are also known to mirror NetBSD-current.

Host name		Services Provided
---- ----		-------- --------
ftp.iastate.edu		Anonymous FTP, AFS [*]

	Anon-FTP path: pub/netbsd/NetBSD-1.0
	AFS path: /afs/iastate.edu/public/ftp/pub/netbsd/NetBSD-1.0

ftp.eecs.umich.edu	Anonymous FTP [*]

	Anon-FTP path: BSD/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.0

gatekeeper.dec.com	Anonymous FTP

	Anon-FTP path: pub/BSD/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.0

wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de	Anonymous FTP, SUP [*]

	Anon-FTP path: pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.0
	SUP: get the file pub/misc/sup/supfile.example via
		anonymous FTP and read it as an example.

ftp.demon.co.uk		Anonymous FTP, possibly SUP [*]

	Anon-FTP path: pub/BSD/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.0
	SUP: contact peter@demon.net for SUP server status/information

ftp.uni-regensburg.de	Anonymous FTP

	Anon-FTP path: pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.0

ftp.unit.no		Anonymous FTP

	Anon-FTP path: pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.0

ftp.stacken.kth.se	Anonymous FTP

	Anon-FTP path: pub/OS/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.0

flick.lerc.nasa.gov	Anonymous FTP

	Anon-FTP path: pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.0

coombs.anu.edu.au	Anonymous FTP

	Anon-FTP path: pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.0

ftp.funet.fi		Anonymous FTP

	Anon-FTP path: pub/unix/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.0

ftp.netbsd.org		Anonymous FTP, SUP [*]

	Anon-FTP path: pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.0
	SUP: get the file pub/sup/README.sup via anonymous FTP from
		ftp.netbsd.org, and read it for instructions.

If you wish to become a distribution site for NetBSD, contact Chris
Demetriou <cgd@NetBSD.ORG>.