Current-Users archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: Kernel panic related to pipe
On Tue, Oct 06, 2026 at 03:33:33PM +0900, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 06, 2026 at 04:11:53AM +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
> >> Can you please try again with the latest sys_pipe.c (1.186)?
> >>
> >> I haven't been able to reproduce this in a VM but maybe my tests don't
> >> have enough parallelism to hit the problem; I hypothesize that it is a
> >> use-after-free arising from the difficult synchronization between
> >> pipe_read, pipe_write, and pipe_close, and I committed a candidate fix
> >> for that use-after-free issue.
> >
> > I couldn't reproduce it with 1.178 already; will retry with todays
> > latest...
>
> With r1.178, I have no kernel panic anymore.
> Thanks for your quick fix.
I couldn't reproduce it with 1.186 either.
Martin
Home |
Main Index |
Thread Index |
Old Index