Current-Users archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: Automated report: NetBSD-current/i386 test failure



> Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2026 18:08:53 -0700
> From: Konrad Schroder <perseant%hhhh.org@localhost>
> 
> I see this, but I can't reproduce it on the architectures easily
> available to me (amd64, earmv7hf). I've probably introduced a
> deadlock by expanding the scope of lfs_iflock.  Is anyone with i386
> hardware willing to run this test in gdb and tell me where the
> threads are getting stuck?

I assume you already diagnosed this and fixed it in
https://mail-index.NetBSD.org/source-changes/2026/09/27/msg164299.html,
but FYI, you can just run these in an i386 chroot on NetBSD/amd64:

./build.sh -O ../obj.i386 -m i386 -U -u -j4 distribution
cd ../obj.i386/destdir.i386
(cd dev && sh MAKEDEV all)
chroot . sh -c 'cd /usr/tests/fs/vfs && atf-run -v fstype=lfs t_rwtoro' | atf-report

And then iterate on changes to lfs by just rebuilding the rump lfs
library:

cd src/sys/rump/fs/lib/liblfs
$TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-$MACHINE -j4 dependall
$TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-$MACHINE -j4 install


Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index