Re: make replace failing with python module conflicts

Hi Greg!

it's always you replying to me.. thank you! Long time NetBSD...

Greg Troxel wrote:
> Two options:
>
>   A) pkg_delete -f the py311-foo that are now included in python base
>   package
>
>   B) using pbulk, a separate machine, etc., build a binary package set of
>   everything you need and update with pkgin
>
>   (use someone else's binary packagss, but this is like B)

ok solution A) was the one I tried to avoid... but went for it. I
continued repeating pkg_rolling-replace -uv several times.
Python packages were a nightmare. e.g suppse "py-foo" it exists several
times for different python versions.
py27-foo, py310-foo, py31-foo and so on.

First run, it works, e.g. py310 version. Then it tries to build py311
and  pkg_rr finds a stale workdir and bails out. I manually make a
clean, restart and it will die at the next one and so on.

Now, after the python nightmare seems done... other packages built and I
end with pkg_rr building "nothing".

lintpkgsrc tells me:

Scan Makefiles: 19568 packages
Version mismatch: 'py-cairo' 1.18.2nb5 vs 1.26.0
Unknown package: 'py-gobject' version 2.28.7nb5
Unknown package: 'py-gtk2' version 2.24.0nb47
Version mismatch: 'py-setuptools' 44.1.1nb1 vs 69.1.1

so I have two packages which don't exist? pkg_info doesn't know about
them.. and two mismatched packages....

Riccardo

PS: is there some tool to check reverse library dependencies in NetBSD?
a bit like rev-upgrade of MacPorts or Gentoo's revdep-rebuild.. just to
know everything is consistent looking at the binrary, since the
rebuiild-tree could be incomplete tue to unknown packages