Re: Experience with Epyc 8/9004 series CPUs?

Hi Brett !

Thanks for that data point. We are currently running EPYC 7xx2 (Zen2) CPUs successfully on

SuperMicro boards 16C/32T and 512Gb for several years now.

As you said a "couple of years ago" I assume those CPUs where not Zen4-architecture.

According to AMDs website general availability for EPYC Zen4 was announced 2022-11-10.

So they are fairly new, that's why I am asking whether anybody has booted those. A common

shortfall in the past was temperature sensor support for a while.

Best regards

  Frank