updating kernel AND modules

Hi!

I'm used to just running fully-compiled kernel without kernel modules
to speak of, so I just to 'build.sh kernel=GENERIC' and copy the
resulting kernel to /netbsd manually.

However, e.g. dtrace is a kernel module, so if I'm interested in
bugfixes for that, the kernel module needs to be updated as well.

The NetBSD guide does not talk about kernel modules at all in the
updating section
(https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-kernel.html,
http://netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-updating.html)

What is the current best-practice method for that?

Thanks,
 Thomas