cgd questions

Hi!

I tried finding this in the man page, but it wasn't fully clear to me.

When I pick up a cgd disk and want to use it on a NetBSD system to
which it was not connected before, what do I need?

- the passphrase
- the /etc/cgd/foo file?

If you need the /etc/cgd/foo file too, how do people handle those for
cgds used as backup disks?

The other question is that the cgd man page says that some ciphers are
obsolete. How can I switch from an obsolete cipher to a new one - is
the only method to make a new cgd with the new cipher and copy the
data manually?

Thanks,
 Thomas