Re: possible NFS trouble

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 09:22:13AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> I ran a build, and it was erroring out with IO errors, and restarting
>> kept having errors.  I suspected NFS concurrency, and reran it with
>> MAKE_JOBS=1 and it seems to have gone much better.
>
> What network adapters are involved? Does ifconfig show a serious
> amount of errors on either client or server? In my experience network
> driver bugs (or crappy hardware) are the most likely cause for NFS errors
> under high load.

On the new computer, re0, and I see zero errors and 70K packets in/out.
On the server, re0, no errors and about 65K packets in/out.

Neither computer shows tcp drops due to checksums (literarlly 0).

I did not try this build with the new computer under 9.

It occurred to me that I need  to find a parallel filesystem exerciser
and try that, as simpler than the thunderbird build process.