Re: scp/sftp -R broken?

Hi Thomas,

On 06.06.23 00:40, Thomas Klausner wrote:
Hi!

When I try to recursively copy a directory with "scp -r" or sftp's
"put -Rp" between a -current and a NetBSD 9, I see:

# scp -r a netbsd-9:
scp: realpath ./a: No such file
scp: upload "./a": path canonicalization failed
scp: failed to upload directory a to .

# ssh -V
OpenSSH_9.1 NetBSD_Secure_Shell-20221004-hpn13v14-lpk, OpenSSL 3.0.8 7 Feb 2023

netbsd-9# ssh -V
OpenSSH_8.0 NetBSD_Secure_Shell-20220604-hpn13v14-lpk, OpenSSL 1.1.1k  25 Mar 2021

scp of single files works.

The same command works if I copy it onto the same machine (and thus
same ssh on the other side), both current -> current and netbsd9 ->
netbsd9.

Any ideas why this doesn't work, and what the error message wants to tell me??

I'm sorry, I've forgotten the specifics, but I've encountered the problem before as well. I was able to solve it using the -O option. In the scp man page, it's mentioned that this option switches to the legacy SCP protocol if the server doesn't support SFTP. So it seems like more of a workaround, but maybe it will help you? Does anyone have more details on this?

Kind regards
Matthias