Total sysupgrade failure - 10.99.3 -> 10.99.3, 4 days difference

Hi,

I do my builds with sysbuild and my upgrades with sysupgrade, many
years now, basically since these two tools were made available. I
haven't had much problems with them so far.

My previous build was from 14th of April and worked just fine. Today I
did another one, after completing a two day pkg-rolling-replace, and
got:
100% |*****************************************************************************************************************|
43015 KiB    8.57 MiB/s    00:00 ETA
sysupgrade: I: Extracting comp into /
/usr/lib/libc.so.12: Undefined symbol "_libc_init" (symnum = 3700)
sysupgrade: I: Extracting games into /
/usr/lib/libc.so.12: Undefined symbol "_libc_init" (symnum = 3700)
sysupgrade: I: Extracting xserver into /
/usr/lib/libc.so.12: Undefined symbol "_libc_init" (symnum = 3700)
sysupgrade: I: Upgrading /etc interactively
/bin/sh: Undefined symbol "optreset" (symnum = 16)
sysupgrade: I: Performing postinstall checks
/bin/sh: Undefined symbol "optreset" (symnum = 16)
/bin/sh: Undefined symbol "optreset" (symnum = 16)
sysupgrade: E: Some postinstall(8) checks have failed
# sh

       sh: Undefined symbol "optreset" (symnum = 16)
# /sbin/zpool status

/sbin/zpool: Undefined symbol "suboptarg" (symnum = 17)
# /sbin/reboot

 /lib/libutil.so.7: Undefined symbol "ifm_type_descriptions" (symnum =
6)

and basically nothing works. This was my second build of the day, the
first one failed as the destination directory still contained the
remnants of lua 5.3, so I deleted them and repeated the build, with
iso, live and install system, which completed to end.

Any ideas? Or should I wipe the root disk and start afresh?

Chavdar

--
----