Re: How to recover a root partition with damaged boot blocks

On 5/04/23 18:00, matthew green wrote:

ps see "man 7 entropy" for how to fix the problem you observed.

FWIW I have PR 57254 in Gnats that provides a patch to /etc/rc.d/entropy so that whenever the system boots with insufficient entropy appropriate messages are logged. It doesn't change the behaviour of anything, it just adds more log messages in quite a useful way if I do say so myself.

The intention is to catch any unforeseen ways that entropy might be forgotten about. I was thinking of custom image builds, but losing /var/db/entopy-file during a power cut is an excellent scenario as well.

Cheers,
Lloyd