Re: error installing libiconv-1.17

> I think this is a bug, since it prevents a proper upgrade.

Certainly it is.

These bugs are not that rare.  There is typically a link line to make a
binary that needs libs that are part of the package and libs that are in
pkgsrc (in dependencies).   So it ends up being something that sort of
is like this

  cc -o prog prog.o foo.o bar.o -L../libs -L/usr/pkg/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -lproglib -lotherlib

and that is probably ok but if the -L get tangled up in the wrong order
because it's 10 times more complicated than that with multiple stages of
substitution, you can see how it would go wrong.  My guess is that these
bugs are 90% upstream bugs.

So if you can figure it out, and how to fix, and report upstream if
that's where the bug is, that would be helpful.  But it's hard.