Re: ipmi0: incorrect critical max

Stephen Borrill <netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost> writes:

> On an HP Microserver Gen10 Plus, I found that soon after booting, I get
> the following alert:
>
> ipmi0: critical over limit on '11-LOM-CORE'
>
> If powerd is running (the default), it shuts the machine down (so
> basically as soon as it hits multi-user).
>
> envstat shows that CritMax is zero:
>
>                        Current  CritMax  WarnMax  WarnMin  CritMin  Unit
> [ipmi0]
>         11-LOM-CORE:    59.253    0.000  110.471                    degC
>
> Seen on 9.3_STABLE, but also in 10 BETA.
>
> I suppose one simple fix would be to ensure that if CritMax is lower
> than WarnMax, it should be set to the value of WarnMax.
>
> Any other things to look at? The machine won't be put into production for
> a few days, so it's good time to experiment
>
> I have put the latest BIOS on the machine

If that server has a independent out of band "system" in it, a BMC with
a command line interface or web browser, I would get into that and see
if it reports the sensors there just to see if the ipmi driver pulls
them correctly.  The BMC may not have a way to specifiy or tell you what
the Crit and Warn values are, but it would be worth looking around for
that too.  Failing any of that, I think you should be able to set what
NetBSD thinks the CritMax is in /etc/envsys.conf.  See envsys.conf(5)
for details.

I have a ASrockRack board that doesn't report one of the sensors
correctly and/or the APMI driver doesn't pull it correctly.  It is a
fixed values that never changes for nothing...

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org