DNS name resolution not working in 10beta installer?

I had a curious glitch just now while trying to install the latest
10beta snapshot (202302240730Z) on HPPA hardware.  I normally use
NFS to fetch the .tgz binary files from the machine where I build
them.  That's worked many times before, but this time it did not:
the installer complained that it couldn't resolve the host name.
I tried both short and fully-qualified names without success.
I did manage to complete the installation after giving it the
source machine's IP address instead, and once I'd booted the
installation both "nslookup" and "dig" resolve that host name just fine
--- using just the DNS server information I'd given to the installer.
So it doesn't seem to be a problem with DNS infrastructure, but the
installer doing something wrong.

I'm not sure how long this has been broken.  The last time I performed
this ritual was with the 202212262100Z snapshot, and it worked then.
Has anybody seen something similar?

			regards, tom lane