Re: NetBSD 10.0_BETA envstat hangs

On 4/01/23 23:32, Mayuresh wrote:
envstat hangs (doesn't come out with Ctrl-C) on a laptop with following

# uname -a
NetBSD asusn 10.0_BETA NetBSD 10.0_BETA (GENERIC) #0: Mon Dec 19 14:00:35 UTC 2022  mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64

# dmesg | grep acpibat0
[     1.046558] acpibat0 at acpi0 (BAT0, PNP0C0A-0): ACPI Battery
[     1.046558] acpibat0: ACPI 4.0 functionality present
[     2.056386] acpibat0: autoconfiguration error: failed to evaluate _STA: AE_NO_MEMORY
[    62.666971] acpibat0: workqueue busy: updates stopped

Please advise.

If I got that on my laptop, I would create 3 PRs.

1) For the autoconfiguration error.
2) For the the fact that the device appears to be getting attached to sysmon_envsys(9) even though device configuration failed. 3) For the fact that the system call envstat appears to use a system call that cannot be interrupted.

For #3 run "ps alx" and see if the STAT column for your uninterruptable envstat process has the letter "D" in it. If so, this indicates that the system call is in an uninterruptible state normally associated with short term disk I/O.

Cheers,
Lloyd