Re: Does X11 user need permission to /dev/dri/card0

On Wed, Jan 04, 2023 at 06:30:05AM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> If the system crashes when you allow access, this means that
> the DRM code is buggy....

Thanks. Logged a PR already.

What do I miss if I don't give dri permission? E.g. would firefox be
terribly slower?

I can already see that I can't even run xscreensaver-demo. I can
understand performance implications of not having access to dri, but this
seems a functional restriction as well.

--
Mayuresh