10.0 BETA: Managed to get boot menu; it doesn't find kernel though

On a laptop that allows me to add UEFI boot option, I could choose the
path of bootx64.efi and the netbsd option appears in the UEFI menu on
boot.

On choosing this option when booting, I get the boot prompt. But on
choosing default option 1 to boot normally, it complains that it doesn't
find the netbsd kernel.

The kernel happens to be on /dev/dk5. Is it required to be copied on the
UEFI partition? Or alternatively, how to specify the disk path to a UEFI
boot option?

--
Mayuresh