Re: Acer Aspire XC-895 Problem with i915drmkms

On Thu, 10 Nov 2022, Dmitrii Postolov wrote:

Hardware: PC Acer Aspire XC-895 CPU Intel Core i5 10400 UHD Graphics 630

Video 1: Bad screen with i915drmkms: https://disk.yandex.ru/i/3ScrUuWivWwqwQ

That is exactly what I see with my IvyBridge Integrated graphics card
(8086:0166) with `Option "AccelMethod" "none"' and the "modesetting"
driver. With the default "glamor" acceleration, Xorg locks up (but,
power-off is still possible).

Post the dmesg output after `boot -vx' at the bootloader prompt, so that
the devs. can take a look at it.

P.S. Also I have a PC nettop Acer Revo Box RN86 CPU Intel Core i5 9400T [also] UHD Graphics 630 [but maybe another revision] and with this PC all OK with startx by default and enabled i915drmkms.

Post the dmesg output from this machine also.

-RVP