Re: strange bot problem

Ignore me - I forgot to install the new modules, so I failed to
autoload EXEC_ELF64

On Mon, 31 Oct 2022, Paul Goyette wrote:

I'm trying to update my NetBSD-9.99.99 (amd64) system to .104 and
it's giving me some heartburn.

I've alraeady updated bootstrap files, and the kernel loads just
find.  But when it comes time to exec /sbin/init it fails with
ENOEXEC (errno == 8).  It proceeds to try the various "backup"
names for init, all attempts fail with ENOSUCH (except for the
/rescue/init which also fails with ENOEXEC).

The /sbin/init file works just fine for booting NetBSD 9.99.99

Any clues on what I'm doing wrong?

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:    |
| (Retired)          | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul%whooppee.com@localhost    |
| Software Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%netbsd.org@localhost  |
| & Network Engineer |                          | pgoyette99%gmail.com@localhost |