Using the audio(4) driver for recording under -current?

	hello.  Is anyone using the audio(4) driver for recording successfully under -current?
I'm using an an admittedly older -current (9.99.77), but a browsing of the cvs logs doesn't
suggest any fixes have been committed since the version I'm runing, audio.c, rev 1.86.  The
symptom is that after  I set up the recording parameters, channels, encoding, sampling rate,
when I try to read data from the /dev/soundx device, I get resource temporarily unavailable
errors back from the read calls and kernel messages telling me that the audio device has timed
out.  I've reproduced this on multiple uaudio USB devices as well as Realtek built-in audio
chips.  Playback works fine on all of these devices, and, for the USB devices at least,
recording works fine under NetBSD-5.

Perhaps there is som setting I'm missing when doing the recording setup calls to set the
channels, sampling rate and encoding?  I'm using 2 channels, 44,100 sampling rate and
slinear_le encoding.

I'm not sure if this worked under 9.x or not.

-thanks
-Brian