Re: weird less(1) CTRL-Z behaviour

    Date:        Wed, 12 Oct 2022 11:12:31 +0000
    From:        Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost>

  | Funny enough, even under zsh, the following works just fine:
  |
  |  dir() { (/bin/ls -al "$@" | less;) }

That's an entirely different thing, that the two behave differently
is not a surprise, if that one didn't work, zsh would be unusable (on NetBSD).

And while here, when I tested this with my current development sh
(where, for several reasons, though this example was not one of them,
at least, not previously) it works there too - I have made several
changes to the way jobs, and pipelines, are handled internally, and
it seems that the problem that was discovered with this test (not the
same one as zsh has) has been fixed, just by the general cleanup.

Those fixes are still a while away from being committed, there is more
to do (though the ATF tests are all working now) - not least of which is
separating out several different changes so they can be committed separately.

kre