Re: How to BIOS-boot from NVMe device?

Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

[snip]

>  > If anyone wants to play with UEFI booting and has access to a recent Xen
>  > DOM0 system you can install the pkgsrc/sysutils/ovmf package and point a
> pkgsrc/sysutils/ovmf does not build on -current at least - and hasn't been
> building for a long while.

Hmm... unfortunate...  it does build just fine on 9.2ish from 2022Q2
pkgsrc.

> I checkout the source and build it manually under Debian; obviously the
> resulting firmware files are the same.

I didn't try doing that, but I did find that the version from Archlinux
from their package manager won't work on a -current NetBSD kernel, which
panics somehere in the ACPI code.  -current, after removing PVH and
PVHVM, worked fine on the version I built on 9.x.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org