Re: namespace pollution? clone()

Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> When compiling inkscape I found a weird compilation error that I
> traced down to clone() being in the visible namespace.
>
> https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inbox/-/issues/7378

It's too bad they are expressing 'not supported' to avoid a reasonable
change.  Normally 'not supported' just means "we won't fix it, send a
patch".

> I wonder why it's visible though, since in sched.h it's protected by
> _NETBSD_SOURCE.

Is there some kind of visibility define?  AIUI, _NETBSD_SOURCE things
are in the namespace unless there is some kind of visibility define.
Almost always when there is a define, programs break because they don't
really mean "exactly stick to this standard".

> The command line is
>
> cd
> /scratch/graphics/inkscape/work/inkscape-1.2.1_2022-07-14_9c6d41e410/src
> && c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_X11 -DWITH_CSSBLEND -DWITH_MESH
> -DWITH_SVG2 -D_REENTRANT -Dinkscape_base_EXPORTS

So where is the visibility restriction?