Re: i915 observations

The description of the phenomena sounds a lot like what I observed when
the intel driver from 2019 was imported and SNA acceleration (the default)
was used on some older intel graphics devices.  Using the "modesetting"
driver or setting UXA acceleration with the intel driver "fixed"
(sidestepped?) the problem.  The default for the affected range of
devices (as far as was known at the time) was later changed to UXA.

What device(s) are used in the affected machines and are they trying to
use SNA acceleration?

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD