Re: NetBSD 9.2 installer can't detect disk of some Hetzner VPSes

On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 08:17:08AM +0200, Matthias Petermann wrote:
> At the moment, I only encounter the described problem when I select the AMD
> variant. Mayuresh, can you confirm this?

I did observe this. But they said the following (pasted on the thread
before)

<quote>
Most of our Systems and all AMD Hosts already use Q35 as default virtual
chipset.  It seems like you had luck to get a CX (Intel) Host that still
uses i440FX.
</quote>

The way I interpret:

AMD => Q35

Intel => some i440FX and some Q35.

You are 'lucky' if you find host that 'still' uses i440FX  => some intel
have i440FX, though eventually all will have Q35.

In my limited experiments I did not find Intel with Q35 though.

On request, they reconfigure it to i440FX, which is what helped me set up
AMD.

--
Mayuresh