Re: i386/amd64 image generated trough mkimage stuck on primary bootsrap at boot

On Wednesday, July 13th, 2022 at 6:39 PM, br0nko <br0nko%protonmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I confirm that the image is bootable with your patch, thank you !!! As you said already, it lack the resize capability, which make the image somehow useless since it run out of space at first boot. I did try "resize_root=YES" in rc.conf without any luck.

Actually the live-image didn't resize the CF card either, the  missing piece in my case was the resize_disklabel script (https://github.com/NetBSD/src/blob/trunk/distrib/utils/embedded/files/resize_disklabel), which wasn't there by default (in rc.d).

Once there, the following in rc.conf is doing the job:

resize_disklabel=YES
resize_root=YES
resize_root_flags="-p"
resize_root_postcmd="/sbin/reboot -n"