boot.cfg syntax question

Hi!

I read boot.cfg and thought that the following /boot.cfg would do what
I wanted:

menu=Boot without nouveau:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;userconf disable nouveau*;boot
menu=Boot old without nouveau:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;userconf disable nouveau*;boot /netbsd.old
menu=Boot normally:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot
menu=Boot single user:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot -s
menu=Drop to boot prompt:prompt
default=1
timeout=5
clear=1

i.e. 1 and 2 give me /netbsd (or /netbsd.old) booted with 'userconf
disable nouveau*' while 3 boots /netbsd normally.

However, when I press '3' in that config, I get a kernel where nouveau
is disabled.

Did I misunderstand the man page or is there a bug here?
 Thomas