Re: cmake hang solution?

On Tue, Apr 05, 2022 at 03:31:33PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Am Tue, Apr 05, 2022 at 02:43:08PM +0200 schrieb Thomas Klausner:
> > Hi!
> >
> > OpenBSD fixed a problem in libuv related to kevent, here's a writeup
> > by Ted Unangst.
> >
> > https://flak.tedunangst.com/post/sometimes-the-knote-comes-early
> >
> > Is that the same problem we're seeing with cmake hangs?
>
> I don't think it matches the hangs I analyzed.

chuq debugged a cmake hang on my machine and came up with a patch that
seems to reliably fix it for me (I could reproduce it in a couple
hours, now it didn't happen for nearly two days).

Please update to libuv-1.44.1nb1.

https://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2022/05/15/msg254562.html

I see no cmake hangs any longer (on a system with the uncommitted
pthread patch and this libuv version).
 Thomas