re: Supported graphics (in HEAD)

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo writes:
> Robert Elz <kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost> writes:
>
> > Any advice?
>
> Well, in my experience, nvidia is probably something you only want if
> you have lots of RAM in your workstation.  In HEAD, there's a lot of
> memory leaking going on - every change to the image on the monitor leaks
> kmem-04096 items, and on my 1920x1080 monitor, watching a youtube video
> in firefox leaks 2-300 of those per second.
>
> Of course, I only notice because I have a mere 4 GiB of RAM in this
> workstation, which is more than plenty for the first couple of hours of
> work (firefox and a few terminal windows, using the browser as little as
> possible, and completely avoiding video), but demands a daily reboot.

can you file a PR about this?  i don't see the problem on a
750 or 730 cards.  i don't have anything newer yet.  (well,
there's a 9x0M in a laptop, but i haven't managed to get any
drm to find the video bios for that one and work.)

there are likely some dtrace methods we can use to find the
leak you're seeing, but it might be good to keep it all in
the PR :)

thanks.

.mrg.