panic: kernel diagnostic assertion VOP_ISLOCKET(vp) == LK_EXCLUSIVE

Hi!

On 9.99.96 from end of March, I wanted to modify the contents of a
tarfile, so I extracted it on a tmpfs, replaced one file and tried
tarring it up again - at which point I got the following panic:

panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "VOP_ISLOCKED(vp) == LK_EXCLUSIVE" failed: file "/usr/src/sys/miscfs/specfs/spec_vnops.c", line 1555
cpu1: Begin traceback...
vpanic()
kern_assert()
spec_close() at netbsd:spec_close+0x2fc
VOP_CLOE() at netbsd:vop_close+0x42
sequenceropen() at netbsd:sequenceropen+0x359
cdev_open() at netbsd:cdev_open+0x109
spec_open() at netbsd:spec_open+0x224
VOP_OPEN()
vn_open(_
do_open()
do_sys_openat()
syscall()
--- syscall (number 468) ---
netbsd:syscall+0x196
cpu1: End traceback...

dumping to ...
dump

There was no progress after "dump " so I hard-rebooted. I have a crash
dump file from the next reboot but I don't know how good that is.

The tarfile contents are basically

/dev/*
/etc/*
/usr/pkg_bulk/*