Re: Status of NetBSD virtualization roadmap - support jails like features?

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 07:36:15AM +0200, Matthias Petermann wrote:
 > However, this week I read a post on Reddit[2] that was a bit disturbing to
 > me. Meaningfully, it proclaims that the main development platform for nvmm
 > is now DragonflyBSD rather than NetBSD. It also claims that the
 > implementation in NetBSD is now "stale and broken".

As you can find in the comments on the Reddit post, what actually
happened is that a certain person left here in a huff.

 > Regardless, I still think it wouldn't hurt if NetBSD could implement some
 > sort of jail.

In general I agree, but it's not clear what and how much, and really
the first thing that needs to be done is a general reform of kauth and
that obstructs everything else :-|

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost