Re: pkg_rolling-relace reports mismatch

Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> writes:

> pkg_rolling-replace reports me this:

yes but

> *** pkg_chk reports the following packages need replacing, but they are
> not installed: py37-gobject
> *** Please read the errors listed above, fix the problem,
> *** then re-run pkg_rolling-replace to continue.

it comes from pkg_chk.

The directions are clear: figure out why pkg_chk is getting it wrong,
fix that, perhaps accomodate that change in pkg_rr, and then rerun, and
all will be good.

But seriously, for pyNN-gobject, the PKGPATH is devel/py-gobject, and
there are multiple PKGNAMEs, and all of this stuff needs to grasp N
flavors of versioned packages.

> but I don't have py37-gobject installed! all python packages installed
> seem correctly either py27 or py39

Usually py27-foo gets reported as the current default version, so that's
odd.

> lintpkgsrc reports me:

> Unknown package: 'py-gobject' version 2.28.7nb4
> Unknown package: 'py-gtk2' version 2.24.0nb38

Probably the same issue: not understanding versioned packages.

> disc$ pkg_info | grep gobject
> glib2-tools-2.70.2  GLib2/gobject python-dependent tools
> py27-gobject-2.28.7nb4 Python bindings for glib2 gobject
> cairo-gobject-1.16.0nb6 Vector graphics library with cross-device output
> support
> gobject-introspection-1.68.0nb1 GObject Introspection
> py-gobject-shared-2.28.7nb6 Python bindings for glib2 gobject
>
> what's wrong?
> I cannot remove py27-gtk2-2.24.0nb38 and py27-gobject-2.28.7nb4 because
> the former depends on the latter and gimp depends on them.

Probably

cd devel/gobject-introspection && make PYTHON_VERSION_REQD=27 replace clean

That's a big hint as to what the combination of pkg_chk/pkg_rr need to do.