ZFS quota performance issues?

Sorry if this has already been discussed-

I've been using ZFS on current happily for a few weeks now, and apart from a little weirdness setting it up (wedge changing out from under me; I think I've got that sorted now) it's been performing well.

However, I just put a quota on a filesystem I created, and any access (ls, etc) to that file system causes the process to hang in zfscv for many seconds.  The operation eventually completes, but it doesn't seem to be a caching issue, because another ls on the same directory makes it happen reliably.  When I remove the quota, all is well.

Known issue?  Should I pr?  This is in 9.99.87 circa end of July...

+j