``ddump -W'' fails in /etc/daily

I have the following entry in my /etc/fstab file:

NAME=backups    /backup         ffs     rw,noauto

This is for a removable USB drive which is used to store various
backups (as suggested by the label!).  Most of the time, the drive
is _not_connected_ - I only plug it in when I am actively doing a
backup.

Previously, the backup drive was labeled with disklabel(8), and
the fstab entry specified ``/dev/sd0e''.  Everything was fine.
But that old backup device failed [*] so I had to replaced it,
and I decided to use gpt(8) labels instead.  Now, the daily job
complains with the following message:

Uptime:  3:15AM  up 2 days,  7:49, 2 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
  DUMP: can't resolve mount point NAME=backups (no match for `backups'): Nosuch process
  DUMP: The ENTIRE dump is aborted.

This would seem to be generated by the following:

        if [ -s /etc/dumpdates ] ; then
                dump -W > $TMP2
        fi

This behavior seems sub-optimal to me!

Should I submit a PR?

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:    |
| (Retired)          | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul%whooppee.com@localhost    |
| Software Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%netbsd.org@localhost  |
|                    |                          | pgoyette99%gmail.com@localhost |