Re: Blank screen when build packages

Am 07.06.2021 um 16:12 schrieb Dmitrii Postolov:
> Hi! Sorry for my bad English...
>
> NetBSD 9.99.83 GENERIC Sun Jun 6 2021
>
> After install NetBSD 9.99.83 and download and unpack pkgsrc-current, I try to build some apps
> from pkgsrc, for example 'editors/nano'. Afrer 'make install clean' the app begin to build but
> after some time the screen is blank and build stop. There is no this problem in
> NetBSD 9.2_STABLE and pkgsrc-current.
>
> How can I resolve this problem in NetBSD 9.99.x?
>
> Video: https://disk.yandex.ru/i/ruKLubdmfKYpHQ

Hi Dimitrii,

that video indeed looks interesting.  The most interesting detail is at
00:20.  There, the screen does not become black at once, and the lines
do not scroll up with constant speed.

My guess is that some program changes the foreground and background
colors of the terminal, so that the remaining build commands are still
shown, but the colors are "black on black", which of course looks invisible.

To verify this assumption, please try this command:

make install clean 2>&1 | tr -d '\033'

This removes any ANSI escape sequences from the output.  Now all build
commands should be visible.

Roland