Atheros wifi status on NetBSD

Was about to report this on an asus laptop. Then I came across this
existing PR filed in 2016:
http://gnats.netbsd.org/51644

On my Asus X200MA laptop, the device appears as:

[     1.012971] vendor 168c product 0036 (miscellaneous network, revision
0x01) at pci2 dev 0 function 0 not configured

Given the ageing PR, I think it's either too difficult to support or may
be there are other issues such as hardware availability to test etc? Just
curious.

--
Mayuresh