Re: building netbsd-9 2 'sync' processes stuck in 'tstile'

On Sat, 8 May 2021, Robert Elz wrote:

>     From:        "John D. Baker" <jdbaker%consolidated.net@localhost>
>
>   | I wait until the system is quiescent and/or clients have finished or
>   | reached a convenientt stopping point, reboot single user, manually bring
>   | up the RAID, check parity and then run 'fsck -yf' on everything, just
>   | to be sure, then reboot again.
>
> Actually, since it looks as if your raidframe parity maps might be
> scrambled, what I'd do (assuming this is raid1, raid5 gets messier)

This is RAID-R (RAID-5 w/rotated sparing).

The only time parity has been out of sync since "The Event" has been
when the UPS gave up before the machines could complete their 'apcupsd'-
initiated shutdowns.

So far, nothing that can't be recoverd has been obviously damaged.

I know I can run 'crash' at any time, but I'd prefer to not risk upsetting
anything if a problem occurs.

I expect to have results in an hour or so when things become quiescent.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD