Re: posix_spawn issue?

On Sat, May 01, 2021 at 11:02:26AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> gmake since version 4.3 uses posix_spawn(), but that breaks the build
> of firefox (and libreoffice). Disabling posix_spawn() support in gmake
> works around this problem.[1]

The obvious differences I see:
- SHELL is ignored by gmake in the posix_spawn path
- I'm a bit puzzled by the allocation, isn't it either allocation an
  extra element without using it or forgetting to set it to NULL
  explicitly?
- Isn't it passing a different argument as first parameter (full path vs
  just command name?)

Joerg