re: mail/sendmail not relaying on netbsd-9/sparc, problem with OpenSSL update?

Martin Husemann writes:
> On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 10:37:21AM +1000, matthew green wrote:
> > > How can you invoke a make to test this (besides a full build.sh and adding
> > > some output to the makefiles)?
> > > Or: can you just fix and request pullup ;-)
> > > I can run sparc tests (quickly) again.
> >
> > cd src/compat
> > nbmake-sparc64 BOOTSTRAP_SUBDIRS=../../../crypto/external/bsd/openssl/lib/libcrypto dependall
>
> I still have no simple way to test the sparc64 -m32 libs - does this
> obfuscation really gain something in the real world?

i guess you figured it out going on the commit?

to be a little more verbose about this:

to build any subset of the normal "src/compat" dirs, invoke
the right nbmake-$arch in src/compat with BOOTSTRAP_SUBDIRS
set to a series of paths that built using the provided target
(so only standard targets are available -- all, dependall,
depend, clean, cleandir, install, etc.)  so to just test the
-m32 libc, i've used this:

cd src/compat
nbmake-sparc64 BOOTSTRAP_SUBDIRS=../../../lib/libc dependall
nbmake-sparc64 BOOTSTRAP_SUBDIRS=../../../lib/libc install DESTDIR=/export/root/sparc64

and then my nfsroot has a new /usr/lib/sparc/libc.so.12 and
i test it on the target.

thanks.

.mrg.