Re: -current tar(1) breakage

Inline below...

> On Apr 2, 2021, at 3:14 AM, RVP <rvp%SDF.ORG@localhost> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2021, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>
>>> On Apr 1, 2021, at 7:56 PM, RVP <rvp%SDF.ORG@localhost> wrote:
>>>
>>> But, there is a problem here, though: copy_statvfs_info() overrides
>>> the FUSE-supplied f_namemax (EXT2_NAME_LEN = 255):
>>
>> Yes, puffs is special... Let me think what's the best way to fix that.
>>

> f_iosize is also overridden (512 vs. 4k from FUSE-ext2).

I think all that initialization is done here:
	https://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/lib/libpuffs/subr.c#102
and here:
	https://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/fs/puffs/puffs_vfsops.c#211

I am not sure if the puffs stavfs values are supposed to reflect the
values of the underlying filesystem or they are supposed to be standard
values for puffs filesystems (which seems to be the case).

>>> No idea--didn't look too deeply into this. Are you able to
>>> reproduce this issue?
>>>

>> I am trying to follow the steps you described. I don't see the unmount
>> and remount though...
>>

> I can reliably get a f_namemax of 0 using this script:

I believe I have fixed that.

Best,

christos