Re: nothing contributing entropy in Xen domUs? or dom0!!!

At Thu, 1 Apr 2021 04:13:59 +0000 (UTC), RVP <rvp%SDF.ORG@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: nothing contributing entropy in Xen domUs?  or dom0!!!

> Does this /etc/entropy-file match what's there in your /boot.cfg?
>
> On my laptop $random_file is left at the default which is:
>         /var/db/entropy-file

Yes I did change that as well (as /var isn't part of the root partition).

However that's not the problem for the dom0.

"rndseed" isn't currently used (at least not by me or any documentation
I'm aware of) when loading (multibooting) a Xen kernel and a NetBSD dom0
kernel.

/etc/rc.d/random_seed will do this (again) later anyway.

However since as I showed the hardware doesn't seem to be providing
entropy that can be "counted" ("estimated"), there's nothing to save,
and so nothing to load on the next boot either.

I know how to seed it -- but that's not the problem -- the hardware
should be providing plenty of entropy.

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>